Grady Podiatry Now Offers Laser Treatment. Laser treatment for toenail fungus is now available at Grady Podiatry with specially trained Dr. Jennifer L Flo DPM.
- Treatment has been hailed as a breakthrough as it is fast and effective.
- Treatments target the source of the infection beneath the nail plate, clearing nail fungus within a few short treatment sessions.
Toenail fungus is a stubborn infection which can be unsightly, embarrassing on the toenails or fingernails. It is known as a difficult condition to treat and can last for many years.
Toenail fungus is unlikely to get better without treatment. Once established it will generally continue to get worse and risk infecting other nails too. Traditional treatments such as medications and topical paints and creams show only limited success in curing the condition and it will often recur.
Why Should I Think About This Now?
Toenail fungus will NOT disappear instantly.
Depending on the severity of the infection, you can start to see improvements in your nail in a few weeks. For complete regrowth, however, it could take anywhere from 6 months to a year.
Which is why you should start treatment NOW to have healthy nails for next sandal and flip-flop weather.
Will it Go Away Naturally?
No, fungal nail infection is very unlikely to clear up without treatment.
Untreated, fungal nail infection can spread to other nails too. Very well established infections can also cause discomfort as the nail becomes thick and rubs in footwear. Which is why with your first session we send you home a Free Home Care Kit to assist in maintaining a fungal free environment.
What Does the Laser Actually Do?
- The laser uses light to dry out the fungus.
- The laser light penetrates through the toenail to the nail bed beneath where the fungus is hiding.
- The laser light is focused on the diseased nail while the healthy tissue is unaffected.
- The laser treatment uses your own body to fight the fungal infection by expanding the blood vessels.
- The treatment will encourage a healthier blood flow to your toes which increases your ability to fight future infection.
What is the Cost and What is Included?
It will cost $45.00 per toenail which includes two visits and free home care kit.
|First Laser Treatment Session||Second Laser Treatment Session|
|Session Time: 30 minutes
||Session Time: 20 minutes
- Shoe Spray
- Topical Antifungal Cream
- Anit-Fungal Laundry Soap